ILION – Ilion firefighters responded to a fire alarm at Francesca’s Banquets and Catering on East Main Street just after midnight Dec. 20, but no fire or damage were found, said Acting Deputy Chief Shannon McEvoy.
“There seems to have been a glitch in the electrical system and the alarm was tripped,” McEvoy said. “We’re still investigating and working with the property owners to figure out exactly what happened.”
According to a post on Francesca’s Banquets and Catering Facebook page, there was a partial power outage at the building that affected the heating system, which runs on three separate phases. With one phase working and the other two not, the system began to smoke and triggered the fire alarm.
“The fire department worked diligently to find the source and we are fixing the system,” Francesca’s Owner Francesca Magro said in the statement. “Thankfully there was not an active fire and there was limited smoke resulting to a faint smoke smell. There is zero damage. Thank for those who have been concerned and inquires.”
Magro added that Francesca’s remains open for business, producing cookie trays and hosting events.